Review: BitLord Torrent Client
BitLord is one of many torrent clients on the market. It was first released in 2004 and modelled off of the Deluge client. However, since then, it has introduced many of its own features in order to differentiate itself. Currently, the BitLord torrent client uses a Python and QT cross-platform framework. If you’re considering using BitLord as your client, check out our simple review:
- Device compatibility
- Set up guide
- Pros and cons
- Other tips
Currently, BitLord is only available as a software for Windows and Mac computers. They do not have a version for Linux users. In addition, BitLord does not offer a mobile version either.
The BitLord torrent client is a free software. However, it is not considered open source. In order to operate, the client displays ads to users which some may find to be annoying and distracting.
Like with any torrent client, BitLord has many features for its users. They include:
- Bandwidth control for individual files
- Download scheduler
- A search bar to find content
- The ability to play videos while downloading
- The ability to cast on Chromecast while downloading
- A subtitle feature for multiple languages
- A comment function for users to add comments to torrents
Set Up Guide
The BitLord torrent client advertises itself as “the easiest torrent downloader.” Their set up certainly is a good start to prove ease of use. Just follow these steps to download BitLord:
- Visit the BitLord website. Currently, there is a download button on the home page or you can navigate to the official download page.
- Click the download button. The correct file for your device should begin downloading automatically.
- Follow the installation prompts.
You can also see previous versions of the software to install.
Pros and Cons
- BitLord is a free torrent client
- Users can stream content
- The built-in search bar makes finding content easier
- Installation and the user interface are simple to follow
- BitLord offers a free trial of SpyOff VPN to enhance user safety
- Although the software is free, it contains ads
- There are limited filtering options
- BitLord does not support Linux
- The functionality of the platform can’t be increased with plug ins
Although BitLord offers users a free trial for a VPN, not all virtual private networks are as safe as they would have you believe. Instead of using the one offered by the platform, users should do their research and choose the VPN that works best for them. There are dozens on the market. If you’re interested in HotBot VPN, you can read about our features here.
Before making a decision about which is the right torrent client for you, check out our reviews of some other clients: